Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dreams Redux

No, this isn't me (I wish) but this is exactly the way I sleep - on my right side - always

I've been dreaming again folks!  Yep, the nighttime dreams.  As usual by the time I get up in the morning I forget all the details about the dream.  The only thing I can remember is if the dream was bad, good or in between.

This morning was different.  I remembered most of the details of my dream.  I woke up and wrote the details on the back of an envelope with, ironically contained my National Enquire subscription bill!

My scribbled dream notes this morning
So here is what I dreamed folks:


  • I had a new office which I share with many other white collar workers like me.  
  • But first I had to complete an assignment out of the office.  
  • Prior to going on that assignment I had chosen my desk (by the window).
  • When I returned from my assignment I found that another row of desks was placed behind my desk, thus narrowing the space I could get into behind my desk.
  • My desk was turned the wrong way.
  • My things were missing from my desk.
  • I wasn't happy (in fact I was pissed) but I decided to make the best of it and not say anything.
  • While my fellow white-shirted co-workers were busy toiling at their desk jobs I turned my desk around in the same direction as the other desks.
  • I removed the extra desk that was placed behind my desk thus giving me more space.
  • When I checked my desk drawers and found out all my things were gone I started to complain, at first under my breath.
  • Some of my co-workers looked up from their jobs at me with surprised looks on their bored faces.
  • They were surprised that I was complain.  No one ever complained before. I was pissed.
  • The more drawers I open the more vocal I became.  
  • Then I got to the point where I said "This is a bunch of crap and I'm tired of it!"
  • One of my co-workers shushed me.
  • I looked at him and became louder.
  • By now our supervisor, which was a large, blonde, white woman (a lesbian I suspect) looked up from her desk and with the whites of her big blue eyes made a sweeping motion of her hand across her mouth to indicate that I was to shut up.
  • I looked at her and became even louder.  
  • She smiled at me.
  • I woke up.

Okay folks.  This was one of the dreams where I felt good when I woke up.  Now I'm going to try an analyze it.

Prior to going to bed I was talking to my aunt on the phone.  My aunt and her two daughters are of the branch of the family which always seem to have petty issues on the burner which they try to get me involved in.  I refuse to take sides.

Her daughter earlier in the week asked me to call her mother, telling me she was lonely.  I called about 10 o'clock.  During our conversation I asked her what time it was "out there", meaning Denver, Colorado, which is where I thought she was living with her other daughter and her husband who are both Air Force lifers.  She told me "It's the same time as it is with you."  I said to her "It can't be, how many hours is Colorado behind me?"  She said "No Ronnie, I'm in Downingtown (Pennsylvania."  Downingtown is where she used to live and where I used to live.  It is only two and a half hours away from me and in the same time zone. To make a long story short (and I feel this is becoming a long story which it shouldn't be), my aunt moved back here a year and half ago.

I asked her "Then why didn't you come to the reunion?  I didn't know you were here."  She told me that her daughter didn't like the location where I held the reunion.  Now let's back up a little bit.  I hold the reunion where I do because the pavilion rental is only $50 whereas where her daughter wants the reunion the pavilion rental is $300 and has no play area for the kids.  So, as long as I'm paying I'll hold the reunion where I want to hold it.  I suggested to her last year if she wants the reunion held at Kerr Park ($300) pavilion rental, then she can rent it out.  I'll be glad to inform everyone that is where we will hold our reunion because my cousin is paying.  Of course she didn't

So anyway, that was my dream.  Not a prediction of the future no a glimpse into the Afterworld, but just a play out of my conversation with my aunt last night. Just another episode in the drama of my little life here on the coastal shore of southeastern Delaware.

More dreams tonight.

No me either but sleeping on the right as I always do

4 comments:

  1. Ron when I read this other then laughing out loud I immediately thought of you and your thinking what does it have to do with dreams.

    Last Trip to Costco

    Yesterday I was at my local COSTCO buying a large
    bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Jake, the
    Wonder Dog. I was in the check-out line when a
    woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
    What did she think I had an elephant? So because
    I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I
    told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was
    starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I
    probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the
    hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds
    before I awakened in an intensive care ward with
    tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in
    both arms.
    I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet
    and that the way that it works is, to load your
    pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat
    one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is
    nutritionally complete so it works well and I was
    going to try it again. (I have to mention here that
    practically everyone in line was now enthralled
    with my story.)
    Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care,
    because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I
    stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle and a car
    hit me.

    I thought the guy behind her was going to have a
    heart attack he was Laughing so hard.
    Costco won't let me shop there anymore.
    Better watch what you ask retired people. They have
    all the time in the world to think of crazy things to
    say. Forward this (especially) to all your retired
    friends...it will be their laugh for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      I LOVE YOUR STORY! Bill and I shop at Walmart all the time. Bill and I are just the type to weave a fantastic story like this. I certainly will spread your anecdote around. It is a great story. So Costco won't let you shop there anymore? I wish we had one near us. Alas, the nearest is in Wilmington which is 89, traffic clog choked miles away up U.S. 1.

      Delete
  2. Your dreams are much more complicated than mine, which probably indicates a higher intelligence. Congratulations for an attempt at analyzing it.

    When I was a child I used to have fantastic, adventurous, Technicolor dreams.
    Lately, I dream about the guy in the photo (above)and when I wake up, I find my cat sleeping next to me.....(sigh)......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I had to smile when I read your comment. When I was young I used to dream about my fantasy, Bob Murdaugh. Occasionally I would dream of someone else I had a crush on at that time ("Crush de Jour"). Alas, I don't have those dreams anymore since my testosterone has left me but I still have dreams. My dreams now days are like the one I posted about today. So you wake up with a cat next to you. Reminds me of Dr. Spo who was having this wonderful dream and he woke up with Harper licking his face.

      Delete