Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Genealogy Blog

Tipton Family Reunion October 2011


Hey folks!  Here is my genealogy blog.  I've had it up for several years but have been remiss in updating it.  However, I am making a sincere attempt to be more timely in my postings. To see it go here.


I really love my genealogy postings and have neglected it for far too long. Most of my blog postings are on this blog, Retired in Delaware.  I have to watch myself that I don't descend into complaining and depressing blogs.  I am never depressed when I do my genealogy blog.

Yesterday I finalized the plans for our annual Tipton Family Reunion in Downingtown. As in years past the reunion will be held on Columbus Day Weekend.

Even though it is a Tipton Family Reunion, all are invited because we are all family aren't we?

Come join us this Sunday October 7th, 2012 at the East Brandywine Park in Guthriesville, Pennsylvania.



Cousin Richard "R.D." Tipton will be catering.  Below is his the menu.  Only $10.00 a head, children free.

A special treat, as last year, my blogger friend Mark of "Our Simple Lives" will be on hand to take his wonderful photos.  Mark is an extremely talented photographer and I am lucky to have his services available for my family reunion.

With all the negativity in the air these days because of politics, what better remedy than for family to get together and share happiness?  Lots of smiles always at the reunions.  Come join us!























Our fabulous photographer - MARK!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ron,
    I was wondering if I could ask you some advise, since you are all into this genealogy thing. I need to talk with someone who is good at searching for people about how to locate someone who I have been told is also searching for us. It's a complicated story and one I am more comfortable writing about in private. If you'd like to hear it and maybe give me some ideas, please email me at arcure@ptdprolog.net
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slugmama (Cindy...I think?)

    Yes, I can help you. I'm good at ways for finding people. I've been doing it since 1994 and I am pretty good at it. I will e-mail you. I'm at work now so I won't be able to e-mail you until tomorrow or this weekend.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait!
    Funny, I forgot that I had taken some of those photos. I really should pay attention!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we have our family reunions the various branches dress in different colour shirts so people know which branch are you in the tree. Jolly good fun!

    ReplyDelete