Good morning folks! I bet you didn't know I could sing. Hey, I didn't either!
Yesterday I posted a sad story from my past. I have written about my relationship with "Brad" before. Brad is gone now. I felt like I had to bring "closure" to that chapter of my life. I survived and for that will be forever (as long as I live) thankful.
All of my friends featured in the movie that I posted, are also gone now. With the exception of one friend, all of AIDS related causes. My other friend died of Parkinson's Disease. I alone survive. I don't know why, and I certainly don't have Survivor's Guilt, but I do know that this is the best time of my life.
This too I have written about before but it is worth repeating again.
Here is what I have to be thankful for:
- I live in a nice home and a great location
- I have a happy and contented long term relationship (married now) with Bill, my spouse. Fifty two years this summer!
- I have a good job
- I have good health (for a 74 year old anyway, arthritis is creeping up
- I have all the "toys" I ever wanted (mostly Apple "toys")
- I have several really good friends (you know who you are Larry, Bill P., Don McK. and especially Pat F.)
- I have time to enjoy what I really want to do in my life like genealogy research, gardening, taking photos, blogging, reading, and just enjoying life like getting up in the morning when I want too and taking a nap every afternoon